There are three (3) general approaches typically used by Clients when selecting a General Contractor (GC).
- Negotiated GC – many Clients choose to return to Hall Construction for all their construction needs. Our repeat Clients receive the lowest cost (GC fee) possible and many benefit from a cost plus a fee arrangement. Advantages included:
- Transparency – information is shared openly and honestly.
- All GC fees, overhead and profits are disclosed (negotiated) up front.
- Our Clients receive all material, labor and Subcontractors at low (GC) Contractor prices.
- No profit incentive for GC to cut corners on quality or push expensive “extras”.
- Qualifying of Subcontractors on performance track record and low price.
- Our Clients “best interests” are first and foremost in all decision making.
- Financial security with a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP).
- Invited bidders (GC bidding) – Clients who desire a Lump Sum Price and price competition between pre-qualified “invited” GC bidders select this approach. Clients must first completely design the project (set of plans) and develop a set of specifications.
General Contractors must be qualified by the owner and pre-selected or invited to submit a bid. Bids are received, analyzed and a GC selected. Hall Construction has earned a great reputation with Owners, Architects and Engineers and is usually included on invited GC bidders lists in our market area of Volusia and Flagler Counties.
- Government open bidding – Governmental Clients advertises public projects and receives bids on or before a specific bid time. All bids are opened and read out loud with the lowest bidder awarded the project.