Client’s desiring (a General Contractor’s) expertise and services early in the projects conceptual stages and continuing throughout turn to the Construction Management (CM) method.
Clients usually select a Construction Manager (CM) shortly after selection of the project Architect. The selection process usually compares qualifications with firms demonstrating their overall ability to perform the job well. Having a General Contractor/Construction Manager involved early in the design process benefits our Clients in many ways – including:
- Accurate early estimate (saves Client on costly project changes due to bids coming in higher than expected).
- Guidance during design (provides the client with valuable expertise, helping to get the project designed correctly).
- Estimating (accurate cost information early and often enhances design phase decisions.
- Value engineering (maximizing quality and scope to achieve the best value).
- Construction planning (early consultation on the best way to perform the work.
- Scheduling (design phase schedule adherence is critical). Identification of long lead times and schedule difficulties translates into a design that can be built quicker.
- Constructability reviews (review plans and make recommendations for changes or improvements).
- Permitting (assist team in securing permits as early as possible).
- Owner direct purchasing of materials (takes advantage of tax exempt status).
- Provide a Guaranteed Maximum Price – GMP (financial security and a great value).